We’re looking for friendly and approachable volunteers to greet visitors to our vibrant community space and offer information and assistance to ensure that all visitors feel welcome and get the most out of their visit. Working under the supervision of Grand Junction staff, Visitor Experience volunteers will:
• Offer guests a warm welcome to Grand Junction, and signpost visitors around the building
• Chat with visitors and offer information about our What’s On programme, and promote other activities and events at Grand Junction
• Update our ‘What’s on today’ screens and community notice boards
• Prepare chairs and tables in the Activities Studio for community workshops
• Provide brief information about the building and its history
• Keep accurate records of visitor numbers to Grand Junction
• Support visitors to complete a visitor experience feedback survey
• Subscribe visitors to the Grand Junction mailing list, with their consent
• Ensure that information leaflets are kept well stocked and displayed for the public
• Help to ensure that guests have a safe and enjoyable visit to our community space by monitoring health and safety considerations, including inspecting visitor facilities.
• Promote volunteering opportunities at Grand Junction
• Thank visitors as they leave We value the contribution that volunteers make to our work. invited to regular volunteer social gatherings, community events, and talks.
About Grand Junction at St Mary Magdalene (London)
Grand Junction at St Mary Magdalene's is a new community, arts and cultural venue offering free workshops and activities for children and families, adult education courses, heritage tours, music performances, cultural exhibitions and a canal-side cafe!
Volunteers enable us to do so much more at Grand Junction. We're launching new and exciting opportunities to be involved in the development of our community hub, and make a difference for local people.
Grand Junction is a space for everyone.
Times you can volunteer
Saturday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings