We’re looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteer stewards to help us prepare our venue for various arts and culture events, offer our visitors a warm welcome, and provide information and assistance to ensure that our events run smoothly and are enjoyed by all.
* Update our ‘What’s on today’ screens and community noticeboards
* Prepare chairs and tables in the Activities Studio for community workshops
* Provide brief information about the building and its history
* Keep accurate records of visitor numbers to Grand Junction
* Support visitors to complete a visitor experience feedback survey
* Subscribe visitors to the Grand Junction mailing list, with their consent
* Ensure that information leaflets are kept well stocked and displayed for the public
* Help to ensure that guests have a safe and enjoyable visit to our community space by monitoring health and safety considerations, including inspecting visitor facilities
* Promote volunteering opportunities at Grand Junction
* Thank visitors as they leave
About Grand Junction at St Mary Magdalene (London)
Grand Junction at St Mary Magdalene's is a new community, arts and cultural venue offering free workshops and activities for children and families, adult education courses, heritage tours, music performances, cultural exhibitions and a canal-side cafe!
Volunteers enable us to do so much more at Grand Junction. We're launching new and exciting opportunities to be involved in the development of our community hub, and make a difference for local people.
Grand Junction is a space for everyone.
Times you can volunteer
Sunday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Talking to others