We’re looking for friendly and engaging volunteers to deliver inspiring talks and tours of our vibrant church and community arts venue.
Our tours tell the story of the building’s rich Victorian history, and its connection to the development of the local area. Working under the supervision of Grand Junction staff, Heritage Ambassador volunteers will:
• Learn about the fascinating history of St Mary Magdalene’s Church, and the living heritage of the local area, and carry out independent research where necessary
• Deliver engaging and inspiring scripted tours of the building and immediate local area for people of all ages and backgrounds
• Offer visitors a warm welcome, and enrich their experience by supporting visitors to get the most out of their visit to Grand Junction
• Champion inclusivity, and adapt talk and tour content to suit the audience
• Keep accurate records of visitor numbers to the building
• Support visitors to complete visitor experience feedback
• Offer visitors information about our What’s On programme, and other activities and events at Grand Junction
• Promote volunteering opportunities at Grand Junction to visitors and the public
• Help to ensure that guests have a safe and enjoyable visit by monitoring health and safety considerations within and outside the building
About Grand Junction at St Mary Magdalene (London)
Grand Junction at St Mary Magdalene's is a new community, arts and cultural venue offering free workshops and activities for children and families, adult education courses, heritage tours, music performances, cultural exhibitions and a canal-side cafe!
Volunteers enable us to do so much more at Grand Junction. We're launching new and exciting opportunities to be involved in the development of our community hub, and make a difference for local people.
Grand Junction is a space for everyone.
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons