At St Clement James we are looking for volunteers who are able to work for 1 hour a week for at least one term with our service users. This would be to support them with either numeracy or literacy. We offer 1:1 support to those who are falling behind at school or have an exam coming up and they need a boost to help them pass.
To work 1:1 for 1 hour a week with either an adult or young person supporting them with literacy or numeracy.
About The St Clement James Centre: delivering education, employment and pastoral support in North Kensington
Organisation The St Clement James Centre grassroots Community Project provides opportunities to raise the aspirations of local people, to fulfil their potential and to enjoy learning, offering a 'fresh start' in an appealing local learning centre in Notting Dale. Their Community Education Programme provides a structured, integrated set of activities for disadvantaged people, including:
- Communicate; English Language classes for refugees and asylum seekers.
- IntoUniversity; an innovative, free service providing ongoing welfare and learning support for young people most at risk of failing to meet their potential.
- IntoWork; a new adult employment programme designed to break the cycle of generations of unemployment in the local population and enable local long-term unemployed to find secure employment.
- Community Shop; the shop provides good quality household goods, non-perishable food, clothing and toys at extremely low prices to the homeless or those on very low incomes.
- Eco Garden ;Organisation VCKC 10's Community Garden provides outdoor recreational space and an outdoor classroom. The pond and plants provide opportunities for young people to learn more about the natural world.
Times you can volunteer
Monday: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Tuesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Wednesday: Mornings, Afternoons
Thursday: Mornings, Afternoons
Friday: Mornings, Afternoons