Stepping Stones Programme
The Stepping Stones Programme works with and supports people with intellectual, mental and physical health needs to enable them to participate in volunteering.
Conversely the Programme seeks to promote diverse volunteering, lobbying, encouraging and supporting volunteer involving organisations to build a diverse volunteer team.
We want to widen disabled people’s choice of goals and increase their expectations when developing skills and planning for their future.
We also want volunteer involving organisations recruits a diverse range of volunteers respecting the skills and abilities of people with physical, intellectual and mental health needs to make an enormous contribution to their organisation, their services and their service users.
FOR THE VOLUNTEER We aim to:
· Increase your confidence to shape your own future
· Expand your ambitions and understanding of your options to undertake training and/or further education and employment
· Build a range of hard and soft skills, including employment related skills
· Increase your circle of friends and social skills
· Increase your sense of wellbeing
· Support you onto employment pathways if and when you are ready.
We offer you
. One to one support
· A Buddy Scheme to support volunteers whilst volunteering
. Coming Autumn 2015: a Mentoring Programme
FOR ORGANISATIONS We aim to:
· Help you recruit suitable volunteers
· Build your organisation’s ability to recruit a diverse range of volunteers
· Build your organisation’s ability to manage a diverse range of volunteers
· Feel supported in recruiting and managing a diverse volunteer team.
We offer your organisation:
· A source of volunteers with a wide range of skills and experience
· On-site support to help volunteers settle into their role and the organisation
· One-to-one guidance and information
· Appropriate group training
· Evaluateion and development of your policies or practice in involving volunteers
· Coming Autumn 2015 - Networking opportunities to share best practice.
Read Zoe's story
Zoe Kumaramangalam has been a volunteer with St. Quentin’s Centre for Disabled Children for 4 months – designing posters, helping with mailing and in creating communication pictures for children and young people with disabilities.
”It is lovely working at the centre&...
Stepping Stones Buddying
My name is Iris and I’m a freelance Fashion Buying & Sourcing Consultant. I came across Stepping Stones Buddy Project back in January. I wasn’t sure what I could do to help people with learning disabilities at first.
I am so grateful to have been given the oppo...