The Volunteer Centre's Good Practice initiative provides information, guidance and practical support to a variety of organisations in the borough.
We support organisations to build volunteer programmes that satisfy principles and procedures set out in Volunteer England's Good Practice Handbook and the Investing in Volunteers Quality Standard.
Current Good Practice Officer Jim Glennon is a Chartered Institute Trainer with over twenty years’ capacity-building experience supporting large and small organisations in the Voluntary Sector.
You can tap into this excellent management resource by:
- Meeting with our Good Practice Officer for individual guidance on management issues
- Attending our Volunteer Co-ordinators Forum, for up-to-date policy and management reviews and to recieve guidance and support.
- Arrange for our Good Practice Officer to meet with your organisations’ staff and volunteers to identify areas for training and development.
- Get a confidential Good Practice Health Check to see if your policies and practices are in place.
- Come to our training courses. Our courses cover the complete volunteer management cycle from volunteer recruitment and induction to support and development