Volunteer Centre Services
We believe that volunteering lies at the heart of a revitalised culture of civic engagement. We support local charities and encourage the active involvement of diverse communities. The Volunteer Centre promotes and markets volunteering as something in which everybody can participate.
How do we do this?
- We provide information about volunteering to people who are interested in getting involved in their local communities.
- We use lots of different methods to promote volunteering and aim to reach as many people as possible to raise awareness of the volunteering opportunities that are available in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Our services are available to anyone who is interested in volunteering and all local charities and voluntary organisations who would like to work with volunteers.
- We respond to most enquiries within one week and work hard to provide a service that is both friendly and accessible.
- In 2007 over 3000 people requested information about volunteering, and over 400 voluntary opportunities were advertised via the Volunteer Centre.
Read some of our case studies below, or go to the case studies page to see more success stories.
Volunteer as an administrator
Ever thought about volunteering in an office. It’s an excellent idea if you want to familiarise yourself with office procedures and brush up your office skills. See how administration volunteers help local charities.
Need help finding volunteers?
See how we help local organisations with their recruitment drives. Accessing this service is easy and we can really make a difference to who comes forward and shows an interest in volunteering with you
Interested in creative roles?
Meta came to see us in May and two weeks later she was volunteering with a local charity, working with people who are homeless.